At Neuromagic, we custom tailor our Design Sprints to suit the needs of businesses and organizations in Japan.
Certified by the originators of both the Service Design Sprint and the Google Ventures Sprint, we work together with our clients to tackle challenges and develop new business according to the unique needs of their organization.
What is a Design Sprint?
A time-boxed workshop-style method that structures ideation, prototyping, user testing and empathy-building activities into a 2 to 4 day schedule.
- What is a Design Sprint?
- At Neuromagic, Design Sprints are a problem solving method fueled by Design Thinking’s open mindset, Service Design’s focus on improved experiences, and the Lean Startup ideology of promoting entrepreneurship and business while keeping waste and risk at a minimum.
Identifying issues, understanding users, creating solutions and prototypes, and rapidly testing them are the core steps in the Sprint process. Design Sprints were initially used to realize speedy market adaptation to prevent venture companies from depleting their resources to bankruptcy. Since then, their effects have been widely recognized and spread across varying fields.
Originated in Silicon Valley,
customized for the Japanese Market
There are two main types of Design Sprint, each with their own specialty.
At Neuromagic, our international team has learned through experience how to apply the Design Sprint methodology seamlessly in the Japanese business context. There are two main types of Design Sprint, each with their own specialty.
Service Design Sprint
- Duration：2 - 4 Days
- Purpose：Launching new businesses, products and services, team building, solving internal and client communications
- We begin by conducting user research, including in-depth user interviews and market research, followed by ideation and decision making. Research results are shared with all stakeholders to create common understanding. This sprint is particularly effective when a new team is launched or when there are many members with little prior knowledge about the new business or target user.
Product Design Sprint
(Google Design Sprint)
- Duration：2 - 4 Days
- Purpose：Improving existing products and services
- First, issues are identified and interviews are conducted with experts to gather perspective, followed by ideation and prototyping. Team members should have deep knowledge of the product or service in order to create a high-fidelity prototypes to rapidly test.
In addition to Service Design Sprints
and Product Design Sprints,
we strive to expand our range of support by developing a variety of original Design Sprints.
Duration：2 - 3 Days
Purpose：For companies that have just started a business or just launched a product or service.
Starting from the “Why” “How” and “What” of a company, product or service, we work together to clarify the desired target audience, uncover their problems and desires, and derive a Unique Value Proposition.
Duration：1 - 2 Days
Purpose：For companies that already have products or services, but are not sure how to market them.
From reorganizing business models and defining customer segments to creating specific policy ideas, work together to define marketing plans and come to consensus on KPIs.
We also provide custom Design Sprints which bring together various design sprint elements depending on client needs. Work together with a sprint master to find an optimal plan together.
We have received numerous inquires from companies looking to establish a Design Sprint methodology and a Design Thinking mindset for their colleagues and employees.
In these cases, we also design and offer training programs with our experienced facilitators to suit the needs of each company and cultural context.
In response to the rapidly changing business environment propelled by the spread of COVID-19, we are providing a special set of shortened design sprints! We currently offer four 1-Day Sprint styles:
- Digital Marketing Planning
- Promotion Planning
- Digital Prototyping
- Design Thinking for Managers (Lecture)
Please contact us for further details
- Why are Design Sprints
becoming so popular?
- We are currently in the age of VUCA— Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity. It is difficult for society to predict the future.
order to adapt to such an era while promoting business, it is necessary to quickly find out where returns truly come from, and be careful about investments of time, money, and labor. Design Sprints are a technique that can help achieve fast results while hedging risks, ensuring the best value for time spent.
Neuromagic Design Sprints are customized for our clients.
We are committed to constantly evolving to fit their diverse needs.
What can you get from a Design Sprint?
new businesses and products.
Ideas for for improvements to services,
and organizational structure.
and feedback from users.
A better understanding of
markets and users.
strength and relationships.
Improving User Experience and Service Design
Service Design from Account Opening
to First Transaction
4 Day Design Sprint
Inventing Over 70 Solutions
To Approach Organizational Issues with Design Sprints
NTT TechnoCross Corporation
3 Day Design Sprint
Facilitator Training Courses
Customized for the Japanese Market
Neuromagic has done an amazing job bringing Design Sprints to Japan. Their Design Sprint masters are between the most skilled you will find anywhere in the world.
- Tenny PinheiroAuthor, The Service Startup
- Tenny Pinheiro is an engineer, designer, serial entrepreneur, and originator of the Service Design Sprint. He is also the founder of Design Sprint School, and LiveWork Latin America. He has authored several books including The Service Start-Up (2014) and Sprint Master’s Guide: The Complete Guide to Service Design Sprints (2017).
I’m super happy to see how Neuromagic have implemented the Design Sprint process in Japan! They’re one of the first companies I know of using this innovation process in the region.
- Jonathan CourtneyCEO, AJ&Smart
- Jonathan Courtney is the founder and CEO of AJ&Smart, a Berlin based Digital Production Design agency and authority on Workshopping and Design Sprints. He also runs a Design Sprint Masterclass in partnership with American Design Sprint originator, Jake Knapp.
Service Design Group
Neuromagic's Service Design Group is a diverse team from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds.
Please feel free to reach out to us in Japanese, English, Mandarin, or Portuguese.